Friday, July 11, 2008

A little taste of home life

I hope you can see this video. I tried to make it funny. I also tried to make my room seem really interesting. Did it work? (This took forever to upload. It cost me $1.85 in time. So please enjoy this costly video.)

Also I like how children run around with knives around here. There is little regard for safety and 3 year olds use knives, with skill. Granted they have scars all up and down their arms and legs, so they aren't always crafty with them. But they can make better brooms than me. And can speak better Fijian than me. I actually enjoy speaking to my 3-year old brother because he says things like "bread, yes. i want to eat bread." And my 5 year old sister goes "Amy, Amy, ura, ura" which means prawn. "Yum, uuuu-ra, Amy amy amy, Uuuu-ra" I dig it. They are the cutest things I've ever seen and I'll get you all a pic of them once I get back to site. And I can actually keep up with them (sometimes) in their language.

Great thought I had at site: I will get to see these kids grow up and learn with them. They will be so big when I leave.

Sad thought I had at site: I will miss seeing my family grow up. I will miss my sister's 21st birthday. And my little cousin will practically be a lady when I get home.

2 comments:

Chris Miller said...

Love the video clip! Hope this is just the first episode of many more to come. Oreos should always be close by! Had a hard time reading the wish list...write larger and keep the camera on it longer!

Gabby Girl said...

Great little video. You should do more of them so that we from the outside can see more of what your life is like.