Monday, March 24, 2008

So close I can taste it!

Bah, so I broke down and got a blog. Apparently it's a great way for people to read all about what I'm doing. Too many people have suggested it for me not to do it so, here we go. However, I'll be honest, I am really good at starting things like this and not finishing them. This personal track record does not bode well for this blog. I will do my best though.

At this point in my journey, I am 17 days away from my departure! It's hard to believe that it's finally here. I know that's cliche, but oh so true. I've already started packing and I'm trying to limit what I pack. I can just imagine trudging across sand with 2 suitcases and a backpack. It may paint a funny picture, but I'm not looking forward to that. So I'm trying to limit myself to one suitcase and a backpack...We'll see how that ends up. I have a bunch of stuff already, but I still need to buy a harmonica, a pocket knife, a bottle opener and some other miscellaneous items!

I have grandiose plans for my time on 'the island' and I'm excited to see if those actually work out. For instance, I want to grow a garden, learn to play the blues on the harmonica, maybe learn to weave, maybe get a weave (haha), learn to cook, learn to cook organic, learn some new languages, get a farmer tan, find a ww2 plane stuffed with drugs and a the remains of a nigerian priest, and snorkel in a coral reef. All these and more! (Considering I haven't even tapped into my actual work goals, but I think those will become more apparent once I figure out exactly what I'll be doing. "It all depends on your site.") But the list goes on and on. So for now, I will dream about all my adventures and bask in my excitement, while stuffing myself silly with fast food and chocolate, and pop culture!

No comments: