Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm in a glass case of emotion!



This past week has been silly. I realized I should have some patience and things will turn out ok. I freaked out a little about PC telling me I wasn't going to Vanuatu, but when they told me it sounded like I wasn't going there or anywhere. The next day I called back and they had already found another program for me in Fiji. So I accepted it this morning and hopefully my test results will come back ok and I'll be on my way to the beautiful (and bug-infested) islands of Fiji on May 18th! That means I'll be here for Steph's birthday, my birthday, mike's birthday (well sort of, his IS the 18th), the tour de georgia (possibly) and my cousin's wedding! And I think I'll try to visit Vanuatu for a little R & R, if for no other reason but to spend the vatu Mike (so diligently) acquired for me!

Until I actually leave, please pray, think happy thoughts, light candles for me, whatever you do for good things to happen, do all those things and hopefully everything will go smoothly, no? Aside from my ridiculous breakdown, this week has been pretty good. I bought some new sneakers (red ones!) because I have convinced myself that I should run a 5k before I leave. This will be a stepping stone towards my true goal of running a real 26.2 mile marathon one day. Go big or go home.

1 comment:

Gentle Bean said...

Glad you got it all worked out! But mainly I'm just glad that you have a blog again (remember diaryland.com? I would KILL to read our entries!!)