Monday, December 1, 2008

For those of you who were worried...

I ate an entire pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.

There's no equivalent for Thanksgiving here and the food could not even compare to the banging-ness of the feast the PCV's prepared. We started with wine and cheese and danish sausage (ingredients included pork, beef, dextrin?) around 330pm. I finally stopped eating around 1230am. I am a marathon eater apparently. I had been saving room for days. We had cornbread, broccoli casserole, fruit salad, fish, chicken, stuffing, cookies, brownies, pumpkin pie, guacamole, and lots of other goodies that I can't remember I ate.

So don't worry, friends and family, I still am eating right at the holidays.

I also got to talk to the family on Skype! Amazing! It was just like old times. The women chatting with me about Fiji and all the absent family members, while my uncles and dad argued in the background about who was helping pick up the furniture for the new house. Things like that. It was basically the best phone call ever.

Mike comes in 17 days, so I'll be spending Christmas with him! These holidays will still be special even though they are very different from all the ones I've had in the past...

Happy Holidays!

No comments: