Thursday, May 1, 2008

ZZZzzzzz

I can't sleep. Let's do a quick time line of my past, present and future (in army time):
2300 went to bed
0030 finally fall asleep
315 get up to use the bathroom
420 wake up sneezing, take allergy meds
500 can't stop thinking, get online
715 wake up to go to work
1200 get off work
1207 take a nap

Until very recently, I've never had a problem sleeping. Lately I keep running through my packing list in my dreams, remembering essential items only to forget them when I wake. Or I dream about the patients at the O.D. I'm spectacle/contact lens problem-solving in my sleep. I'm stressed, obviously. I'm also concerned about my allergies. Even when I'm away from animals and taking my prescription drugs, I'm still suffering immensely. There is no reason I should wake up sneezing with an itchy mouth. That's just cruel, body. Bah, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I want a snack.

No comments: